Residents Rights & Responsibilities
What to expect from Homes North as your landlord
For a simple guide on what you can expect from Homes North and for information about how to manage your tenancy please visit the Department of Fair Trading. Here you will find information to help you understand what the tenancy laws in NSW mean for you, at the beginning, during or end of a tenancy.
What Homes North Expects from our Residents
As a client of Homes North, we ask that you treat our staff, contractors and other clients with respect. If your behaviour is threatening or violent, we may refuse to serve you or ask that you leave the office.
We also ask that you:
- Respect the human worth and dignity of others
- Take responsibility for your own well-being and where appropriate utilise support services to allow you to live independently
- Take responsibility for the results of any decision that you make
- Respect other resident’s rights, privacy and personal space
- Take responsibility for the behaviour of your visitors
- Attend property inspections as arranged
- Be respectful and considerate of others living in and near the property
- Abide by all terms of your Residential Tenancy Agreement
- Be accountable for any damage to the rented premises
- Inform Homes North if you are going to be away from your property for four weeks or more.