27 Mar COVID-19
Homes North’s COVID-19 update
Information for our tenants
Homes North’s approach to managing through COVID-19
Date: 27 March 2020
Your safety and wellbeing is a top priority for Homes North.
As you are hearing on the news, the situation around COVID-19 is changing very quickly. Through this period of upheaval, our main concern is for your safety and the wellbeing of Homes North’s staff.
What Homes North is doing across our offices.
We will continue to update you through email, phone, social media and tenant newsletter on any changes in our service to you.
All our offices are open only by appointment
If you need emergency accommodation or have an application with Homes North please make an appointment with your local office.
However, we ask that if you aren’t feeling well please phone us and don’t come into the office. Call us on 1300 662 721
Homes North has:
- Social distancing in all offices. That means you must stand 1.5 metres away from other people. All interviews that need to be conducted in the office will be by phone or video conference. You will need to make an appointment so please call your local office.
- Postponed property inspections, and non-essential home visits, unless there is an emergency.
- Emergency repairs will be undertaken and we have asked our contractors to follow strict hygiene safety.
- Tenant and unit block meetings will be postponed and we will let you know when they can be resumed. We are looking at alternative options and will be in touch via social media or emails as soon as possible.
Over the next weeks, Homes North will begin wellbeing checks via the phone of our tenants and will begin by calling our elderly and more vulnerable tenants.
What we ask of you:
- Please tell us if you are COVID-19 positive.
- Self-isolate or quarantine at home.
We know this is a difficult time for everyone, however we can all do our part to make our communities as safe as possible by following health advice and considering our neighbours.
The following links have useful and current information:
Frequently Asked Questions for tenants click here
NSW Department of Health here
Australian Government Health of Health here
Tenant Hygiene poster here
Information for homeless people looking for accommodation
If you need emergency accommodation please call:
Link2Home: 1800 152 152
Homes North office: 1300 662 721