What additional support is available to Social Housing tenants?
Our partnerships with support and specialist services mean that we are able to assist individuals with special or complex needs to maintain their tenancy by linking them with appropriate, professional support.
Some of the people we support include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Women and families escaping domestic violence
- People with physical disabilities or health conditions
- Individuals with mental health issues
- Young people at risk of homelessness
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- People leaving the criminal justice system
Tenants with support needs are identified when they lodge an application for Social Housing, or when an application is lodged on their behalf by a support agency.
Homes North aims to identify tenants with support needs where appropriate. We have a number of Tenancy Specialists employed to assess and assist tenants with special or complex needs. Their work involves linking tenants with appropriate support services, intervention, and advocacy and case coordination to facilitate improved quality of life and sustained tenancies.